[Zope] Costs of implementation

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:04:32 -0400

Well, if you added it all up I was talking about 96 hours of development (8
days x 12 hours) which is a lot to bring up a site in Zope. I agree it does
depend on the person but I have had graphics people once given a 10 minute
intro to Zope not only start playing around with DTML but doing quick
if/then statements. OO helps, and Python can help but some of things are not
exactly the same as Python and TOO much Python can hurt.

I wise man once said..

"There are only three timelines for programmers:

1) Something that can be done in 20 minutes
2) Something that can be done in a  day
3) Something that can be done in a year"