[Zope] ZCatalog in python

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:20:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> The Find machinery (and therefore, ZCatalog) uses the
> method "objectItems" to locate the children of an object.
>
> If such a method does not exist or does not return the sequence
> of children, the catalog will not find them.

That shouldn't matter for CatalogAware classes, though, should it?

I made some objects appear in a catalog added by a product (EMarket).
All I had to do was add CatalogAware as a base class to the
object, and put the index_object and reindex_object in the
appropriate methods.  Of course, this object does also subclass
Folder, so the method Dieter refers to is defined on my
objects.

--RDM