[Zope] Newbie alert! Frustration right off the bat...

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:05:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Rob Brandt wrote:
> The beginning of the tutorial says to create the ZAcme folder under my
> root installation.  I take this to mean at the main manage entry point,

When you create the folder there are a couple of checkboxes on
the creation screen.  One says "create public interface".  If
you leave that box checked (the default), it will create
an index_html document in the folder.  I haven't looked at
the tutorial, but presumably you want to uncheck that box when
you create the ZAcme folder.  And yes, you want to be doing
this in the root of your Zope, not the root of your file
system.  You should be able to use the management interface to
delete the index_html document inside your existing ZAcme folder,
and then recreate it according to the tutorial <grin>.

--RDM