[Zope] LoginManager HOWTO?

Cesar A. K. Grossmann cesar@rotnet.com.br
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:57:46 -0400

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop wrote:

> But do you want advanced? If you just want to store your authentication
> information, UserDB is just fine - moving to GenericUserFolder in
> this case may just cause you troubles, as more advanced also means
> more complicated.

I need to provide a logon screen more informative than the default
dialog box. Can I do it with UserDB (I have tried, and have not found
any information about it).

I have tried it and have to figure out by myself the table and column
names and types. I have created one Gadfly connection (only for testing
purposed), and created the tabel users, as bellow:

create table users (
	username	varchar,
	password	varchar,
	domains		varchar,
	roles		varchar
)

I suppose it is correct, but I'm not sure (it worked).

> GenericUserFolder is what you have to move to if you are
> in a more peculiar environment or want to use Radius authentication.

I have tried the GUF Walktrough and it doesn't works for me (the very
last part, trying to logon as 'fred', doesn't work). I'm using SiteRoot,
Apache proxying a zserver, and a Squid cache. All in the same machine...

TIA
--
César A. K. Grossmann
ckant@usa.net