[Zope] virtual hosts with ZServer

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:52:41 -0600

Alexander N Gould wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, ethan mindlace fremen wrote:
>
> > <dtml-let hostname="_.string.join(_.string.split(_.string.split(HTTP_HOST,
> > ':')[0], '.')[0], '')">
> >   <dtml-try>
> >      <dtml-if "_[hostname]">
> >         Set logical root: <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SiteRootPATH', '/')">
> >         Add physical root: <dtml-call "REQUEST.path.append(hostname)">
> >      </dtml-if>
> >    <dtml-except KeyError>
> >       <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('http://penguinpowered.com/NoHostHere')">
> >    </dtml-try>
> > </dtml-let>
>
> This almost works, but then even the superuser can't access these folders
> (unauthorized)!
> Help!

Hmm.  superuser can't manage the folders? They should be able to.  I assume you
mean by "almost works" it doesn't let you manage?

First, you can always disable siteaccess by using __no_before_traverse__ as the
first item in the path.

Second, once you set this up, you cannot manage the folder except from it's url
( host1.penguinpowered.com/manage should work)

These are kind of stabs in the dark. If you could show me some urls that don't
work, then maybe I can do some more.

Thanks,

~ethan