[Zope] Using ZClient to Access Another Server: Via Proxy?

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 12:09:03 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 ralf.herold@charite.de wrote:
> Loren Stafford describes in her "How-To: Using ZClient to Access Another
> Server" a method that I would like to use, but the Zope Server resides
> behind a firewall and it requires the usage of a http proxy to access
> external web servers.

   ZClient is working on top of HTTP protocol; and Client.py uses urllib
for HTTP. So my guess is you can just declare "http_proxy" environment
variable: export http_proxy="http://proxy.my.company.com:8080" and run
ZClient.

----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru