[Zope] SMTP server external method??

Robert Wohlfahrt robert.wohlfahrt@sachsen-net.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:34:57 +0200

Hi,

> If not, how do you handle email in zope for a web-based system??  just
> periodically create objects from the contents of /var/spool/mail/user ... or
> use some other method??  ideally, the object's various properties would be
> set upon instantiation...stuff like header fields would correspond to
> properties...etc...
>
> For those that handle email in Zope, how do you approach this??

I didn't try it, but I would prefer the following method:

First create a Zope-Application that creates objects from an URL like

http://your_host/your_appplication?sender=foo@bar&subject=the_ultimate_subject&.....

Then create a mail-filter to pipe the mail to a script. This script
gets the headers and other infos from the incoming mail and forms an
url for your Zope-application. Pipe this URL to a command-line Browser
like lynx.

lynx -dump http://your_host/your_appplication?sender=foo@bar&subject=the_ultimate_subject&.....

I hope this should do, what you want ...

Robert