[Zope] newbie changingover to zope from html/cgi??

Cary O'Brien cobrien@Radix.Net
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 10:04:56 -0400 (EDT)

> can i replace javascript with python/DTML. I have used drop down menus in
> the pages using javascript. Is these available in Zope or is there some
> way of using these.

I'd keep the drop-down menus in javascript.  You can do similar things
in zope (i.e. the tree tag or the tab bar at the top of the management
interface), but then every change is a fetch back to the web server.
If you keep the javascript then it all happens at the client.

If you want you can generate the javascript with dhtml.  That way
the contents of the menus can follow your site.  You'd have to set the
comtent type so that the browser thinks it is javascript. (hmm, how
is javascript cached??)

-- cary

[snip]