[Zope] Problem with adding items to ZClass instance

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:23:01 +0200

Ron Bickers wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Rik Hoekstra wrote:
>
> > This is not so easy to answer. ZClasses do strange things to adding items.
> > If your ZCLass definition (in the Product) is nested in another ZClass, then
> > it is your ZClass. If the ZClass  definition is defined in the top level of
> > your product. There may be other things going on, including all of the above
> > ;-)
> > You'll need to provide more details to  be able to say more about this.
>
> I'm not sure what kind of information would help.  Let me know what and
> I'll be happy to provide it.  I'll provide the Product .zexp which
> includes a single top-level ZClass, a couple dozen methods and a single
> property sheet, if that would help.  There's nothing especially complex
> about it.  It uses ZSQLMethods (w/ MySQLDA) and TinyTables, and once I can
> get the stuff in the right place in the instance, everything works just
> fine.

Hm, this is getting hard to answer. Adding normal instances of ZCLasses
to other ZClasses should work. Are you adding everything straight from
the management interface or programmatically from DTML?
If from the management interface, are you sure you always add TinyTable
etc from within the instance?
If programmatically, could you send the code?

Perhaps you could try and adding one of the problem products in another
way (from a dtml method instead of the management interface or the other
way around).

Rik