[Zope] PropertyIds

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:53:46 +0200

> I have a very simple documentclass in very simple structure in method that
> should return the properties of the document:
>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('tid', REQUEST.cookies['careermanid'])">
> <dtml-with RESULTS>  // RESULTS is a ZClass Object Manager
>   <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('tmp', _.getitem(_['tid']))">  // tmp is a
> document with an id equal to the cookie
>   <dtml-return "tmp.propertyIds">

this line should read:

    <dtml-var "tmp.propertyIds()">

Two things going wrong:

1. the dtml-return tag is for DTML Methods that should just return
something. You want dtml-var.
2. you call propertyIds in an expression (the line is shorthand for
<dtml-var expr="tmp.propertyIds()"> - in that case you have to call it
as a function.

> </dtml-with>
>
> During the application i add properties to the document and want to display
> them with the above method.  The Property ids does not get shown though.
> I've tried:
>   <dtml-with tmp>
>     <dtml-var propertyIds>
>   </dtml-with>

this should get you a list, like ['title', 'prop1, ...]

> and also:
>   <dtml-in "tmp.propertyIds">
>     <dtml-return sequence-item>
>   </dtml-with>

this doesn't work for reasons outlined above.

Rik