[Zope] Basic site management using zope and other queries

Rajil Saraswat rajil@iitk.ac.in
19 Jun 2000 22:50:26 +0200

hi ,
  i am a newbie to zope. it is a perfect choice for content
management. But still i have a few questions which have benn hitting me.

1. Can zope do basic site management. for example missing link checks. say
if we call an object which doesnt exist. can zope show us where we have
gone wrong.(without actually checking each and every object manually)

2. I have large number of small html documents(17,000). I want them to go
in a database. can we automate this in zope to be uploaded it in the
database.

3. Say, i want to use a zope enable webiste on a non zope enabld server,
so i need all the objects(e.g. html files) from the database to come out
as files. can we do this(sort of Zope to non zope convertion)

4. Which file do i need to upload to the isp end from the programmer
end ,to make the site  work. If we have to upload a single database it
will take a lot of time. is there any incremental upload facility
available. i have only ftp access with my ISP.

5. i need to build a directory like site somewhat like yahoo!, is there
any toolkit available for it in zope.

Thanks