[Zope] Basic site management using zope and other queries

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:49:03 -0400

>  1. Can zope do basic site management. for example missing
> link checks. say
>  if we call an object which doesnt exist. can zope show us
> where we have
>  gone wrong.(without actually checking each and every object manually)

No.

>  2. I have large number of small html documents(17,000). I
> want them to go
>  in a database. can we automate this in zope to be uploaded it in the
>  database.

Yep.  Search the mail archives for loadsite.py

>  3. Say, i want to use a zope enable webiste on a non zope
> enabld server,
>  so i need all the objects(e.g. html files) from the database
> to come out
>  as files. can we do this(sort of Zope to non zope convertion)

If this is what you want, use Jonothan Farr's LocalFS product.

>  4. Which file do i need to upload to the isp end from the programmer
>  end ,to make the site  work. If we have to upload a single
> database it
>  will take a lot of time. is there any incremental upload facility
>  available. i have only ftp access with my ISP.

I'm not sure what you mean.

>  5. i need to build a directory like site somewhat like
> yahoo!, is there
>  any toolkit available for it in zope.

I'm not sure.  Check the Download section of Zope.org and click on
Products.