[Zope] ZServer+SiteAccess+Apache+SSL

T.J. Mannos MannosTJ@slcc.edu
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:41:58 -0600

I got Apache+mod_ssl+OpenSSL working, and I just threw it into the mix.  I
have two virtual hosts, one HTTP on port 80 and one SSL on port 443.  Both
do nothing but ProxyPass to the same http:// address on port 9080.  I don't
know if I like that solution, though.

This solution "looks" secure, but I'm not so sure.  It's a secure connection
between the client and the server, and, since Zope and Apache are on the
same machine, there's no insecure communication over our LAN.  However, if I
happen to have a hacker running a packet sniffer on my server, I'm screwed.

Any comments on this?  I may just have to go the hard way and do
Apache+fastcgi...?