[Zope] Virtual hosting on Linux: what's needed in BIND?

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 00:16:18 PDT

Hi,

I am not really a Linux person, so I apologize if I show my ignorance here.
:)

For Zope/SiteAccess to work with virtual hosting, something needs to be done
at the Linux BIND level. But I would like to know what exactly. Is it as
simple as adding a whole bunch of cname lines into the database file?

Also, is it possible to use wildcards in the database file for BIND? I mean,
if you have many virtual sites, would it be possible (and wise?) to make it
so all requests like *.mysite.com point to the Zope server? Or each virtual
site's name must be explicitly entered into the BIND's database file?

(Is there a How-To on this?)

regards,

Hung Jung