[Zope] ProxyPass Problems

Baker, Dennis [sjmr] DBaker@CHW.edu
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:44:56 -0700

I'm having a problem with getting ProxyPass and SSL to work.  I followed the
How-to on Using Apache with ZServer,  and unfo's How-To on
Apache+ZServer+SSL.  And my setup is nearly identical to the one listed on
the howto.  I have my main site in the root of my Zope Setup,  and My SSL
site is in a subdirectory of the root called SecureSite.

After setting up the ProxyPass Directives in Apache (I have the httpd.conf
section attached below) and Adding the SiteRoot objects on Zope I can access
the main Site at http://mysite.org,  but if I try to access
https://mysite.org my web browser hangs until it times out.  Also,  it
becomes impossible to browse the SecureSite Folder unless I delete the
SiteRoot Object.

It appears to be some kind of Apache issue,  however I can't figure out why
it won't connect,  the directives are almost identical to the ones on the
Howto.  Any Suggestions ??

----  Snippet from httpd.conf  -------
NameVirtualHost 206.171.167.101:80

<VirtualHost 206.171.167.101:80>
    ServerAdmin dbaker@chw.edu
    ServerName mysite.org
    ProxyPass / http://mysite.org:8080/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://mysite.org:8080/
    ProxyPass /misc_ http://mysite.org:8080/misc_
    ProxyPass /p_ http://mysite.org:8080/p_
</VirtualHost>

NameVirtualHost 206.171.167.101:443

    ProxyPass / http://mysite.org:8080/SecureSite/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://mysite.org:8080/SecureSite/
    ProxyPass /misc_ http://mysite.org:8080/misc_
    ProxyPass /p_ http://mysite.org:8080/p_
</VirtualHost>

----  End Snippet ----

Dennis Baker
Information Systems Manager, St. Joseph's Medical Resources