[Zope] range with variables

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:04:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Armin Wappenschmidt wrote:
> <dtml-let start=Variable_from_Formular> # <-- that's the problem!!!!!!
> <dtml-let stop="100">
> <dtml-let period="5">
>    <dtml-in "_.range(start,stop,period)">
>       <dtml-comment> do something </dtml-comment>
>    </dtml-in>
> </dtml-let>
> </dtml-let>
> </dtml-let>
>

> How can I set the variable "start" from a user given input?

If the user input is the value of a field in a form that was submitted,
just refer to the name of the form field:

<dtml-in "_.range(fieldname,stop,period)">

You can use the special form name syntax to have Zope cast the
field value into the appropriate type:  <input name="fieldname:int">.
There's a howto on the various possabilities for what goes after
the ':'.

--RDM