[Zope] [Newbie Question] Pertaining to Search Engines

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:22:46 +0100

Eddie Mosier wrote:
> Is it possible for you to get a site that is built with zope to be found by
> search engines (other than those that are directory listings, like
> yahoo.com and dmoz.com)?

Yes, lots of Zope sites get hit from search engines, including zope.org.
My own Zope site gets referers from google, altavista and several otehr
search engines.

> From what I have seen, I think zope would do what
> I would like, but I need to know this.   From what I have learned so far I
> doesn't really seen possible.

What, specifically, doesn't seem to be possible?

cheers,

Chris