[Zope] Authentication, Anonymous and Public

Capesius, Alan CapesiusA@Sysmex.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:51:47 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFE1E1.EE96ABEA

I'm running into a problem after implementing jcNTUserFolder in a
subfolder of my site. Users can access the root level or particular
subfolders anonymously. Once a user accesses the protected
NTUserFolder, the credentials are saved in the browser. If the user
then returns to the anonymous area, they can no longer access th
folder due to the browser credentials.

Does Zope have a mechanism equivalent to the Novell NDS Public access?
that is to say:

Anonymous = not authenticated.
Everyone = authenticated users (that are members of the group)
Public = authenticated and anonymous users.

I'd like the default access to be "anybody and their brother" rather
than "those people who haven't logged in"

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFE1E1.EE96ABEA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Authentication, Anonymous and Public</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I'm running into a problem after implementing jcNTUserFolder in a </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>subfolder of my site. Users can access the root level or particular </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>subfolders anonymously. Once a user accesses the protected </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>NTUserFolder, the credentials are saved in the browser. If the user </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>then returns to the anonymous area, they can no longer access th </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>folder due to the browser credentials.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Does Zope have a mechanism equivalent to the Novell NDS Public access?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>that is to say:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Anonymous = not authenticated.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Everyone = authenticated users (that are members of the group)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Public = authenticated and anonymous users.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I'd like the default access to be &quot;anybody and their brother&quot; rather </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>than &quot;those people who haven't logged in&quot;</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>