[Zope] Getting Zope error when starting Zope, installed on ISP's machine

Fusion Group Fusion Group" <chad@fgrp.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:17:34 -0600

I installed Zope on my ISP's virtual server, and I'm getting an error when I
run the start script.  The server is running Apache, but I don't really need
to use Apache for this particular domain.  I haven't tried to figure out how
to access Zope through PCGI, because unless that is the only way to allow
Zope and Apache to run on the same machine, this isn't necessary.  I have
Zope and Apache successfully running on my own development machine (SuSe
Linux), but my problem is running it on a virtual server (FreeBSD). Below is
the error message I get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2000-06-29T17:13:10 PROBLEM(100) ZServer Computing default hostname
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/home/orb6b/usr/zope/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/z2.py", line 493, in
?
    logger_object=lg)
  File
"/usr/home/orb6b/usr/zope/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/ZServer/medusa/http_serve
r.py", line 560, in __init__
    ip = socket.gethostbyname (socket.gethostname())
socket.error: host not found