[Zope] Backing Up Zope (was: Re: [Zope] Data.fs.lock?)

Erik Enge erik@src.no
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:16:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Jeff K. Hoffman wrote:

> It is my understanding that the ZODB on disk is always in a consistent
> state; Jim has said, in the past, that you can simply make a copy of
> Data.fs, even while Zope is running, without problems.

But the Data.fs has to be updated sometimes.  And if you read from a file
that is changing, the integrity of your data isn't.  How can you make sure
that the file is not written to during a certain period of time?  You
can't?