[Zope] ZPatterns: Deleting objects from a Rack?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:15:53 -0600

Chris Withers wrote:

> Bill Anderson wrote:
> > What happens when the object is in multiple racks?
> > (Assuming it is possible)
>
> Then it'll be missing if something tries to get it from a rack. The same
> thing as would happen if something tried to get it from a single rack
> after it'd been deleted. So this case should be covered anywhere as it's
> essentially 'what happens if an object that doesn't exist is requested
> from a rack?'

Actually I was thinking of the case where it may, or may not, need to
delete itss elf from multiple racks it sits in.

> That said, can you give em an example where it would eb useful to have
> one object stored in multiple racks?

Not quite sure, but I get a feeling some of the advanced ideas for
portal content could make use of it. It's just a gut feeling, I'm still
wrapping my brain around ZPatterns . ;) Lemme think about it, I am sure
I can come up with one or two. As to whether there would be any
advantage to it, would be another thing.

ISTR someone talking about possibly using multiple racks recently.

--
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
Command Line User Environment".

seen in a posting on comp.software.testing