[Zope] ZCatalog Search Q

Leonard Chan lychan@cetustech.com.au
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:45:09 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I'm trying to search a catalog and return a list of hits,
and here is a code fragment:

<dtml-in Catalog>
  <dtml-var title>
 </a>
 <dtml-var id><br>
</dtml-in>

This works ok, however, I understand that the catalog search
does not actually return object references to the actual
objects catalogued.

I'd like to include some attributes from the actual objects
(maybe by accessing the actual object via id, etc?) in the
result list.

Can someone let me know how to do that?  I can of course include those attributes in the catalogue meta table so they  would be returned with the search results, but I don't really
want to do that unless there is no other way.

Thanks for any info/help.

Rgds
Len