[Zope] Messing with the namespaces stack [Was: (no subject)]

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:05:46 -0400

Jim Hebert wrote:
> > fundamental changes more easily. Have you learned about property sheets
> > yet?  They are the key to success with ZClasses.
>
> Nope, where shall I go to read the fine manual on those?

I'm not sure, but let me just give you enough info to get started.
ZClasses have a "property sheets" tab where you can add sheets.  Group
relevant properties together.

Then go to the ZClass "Views" tab and add your property sheets to the
list of views of your objects available through the management
interface.  Voila--not only do your class instances have configurable
properties with defaults, but the management interface lets you set
them.  And the effort required was minimal.

> Yeah, this is the part of acquisition that I _get_, but just shy away
> from for some reason. I need to get over that, because this is probably
> one of the coolest things about acquisition.

I also avoid it because its behavior is not completely obvious, thus
even if I understand it, someone else who has to maintain my work later
may shoot him/herself in the foot with the bullet I've provided!

> Thanks so much, I hope others on the list are profiting from this exchange
> as much as I am!

Thanks for a nice Friday discussion.

Shane