[Zope] trees and namespaces newbie q

Andy Heath a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 00:25:25 +0000

Still much to learn.

I'm trying to write code to display a tree where different
kinds of node require different display action.  Each node has a
property (possibly acquired) "kind".  For nodes which reach
the innermost <dtml-else> in the code below I want the dtml
content rendered.  How can I do this?  If i refer in
some way to PARENTS[0] then id goes up with it.

Please, please, please, what expression will work here
to get the content of "id" rendered?

Code follows
------------
<dtml-tree expr="lists" branches=objectValues sort=order>

        <dtml-if "meta_type=='Folder'">
            <dtml-var title_or_id>
        <dtml-else>
            <dtml-if "kind=='discussion'">
                    <A HREF="<dtml-var listURL>">
                    <dtml-var title_or_id></A>
            <dtml-else>

                         <dtml-var id>

            </dtml-if>
        </dtml-if>
        <dtml-if listinfo>
            (<dtml-var listinfo>)
        </dtml-if>

</dtml-tree>

Andy
Andy Heath                    a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
The Open University           +44 (0) 114 2885738