[Zope] Uploading file and transaction error?

Thomas Weiner weiner@tu-harburg.de
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 12:41:09 +0100

Evan Gibson schrieb:

[Transaction error / Error value: commit_sub]

> I get this exact same problem trying to add completely normal File Objects
> to my Zope site.
> I can create the object empty if I don't include an upload, but the instant
> I try and upload anything it dies with the above error.
> It happens _constantly_ for me, not just time to time.

Hmm .. this sounds really weird.

In my case I observed the following.

Structure:

/
  +Intermobil
    +daten (up-/download section with form for upload, dtml-methods,
external methods etc)
       +category1
       +category2
       +... (sub- and subsubfolders for storing the files)

testfile is a Winzip/Zip file (1.129 KB), uploading it gives the error.

I created a test folder somewhere else and pasted the content of the
daten folder (without category subfolders), tried to upload my zip file
there .. and -voila- it worked.

Then I changed the upload method in my test folder by inserting a
<dtml-with "Intermobil.daten"> in order to redirect the upload into a
category subfolder of the original daten folder .. and -surprisingly for
me- the upload of the test file worked, too.

I deleted the file, went back to daten, tried again and got the same
error as before.

So here I'm really confused, cause I don't know where to look and what
exactly could have caused this problem.

Thanks for bringing up this to the list again,
Thomas