[Zope] Listening on specific interfaces

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 11:35:22 -0700

"Pearson, Brian Edward (GEA, 056278)" wrote:

> All - Have a problem which I am certain many of you have already
> encountered.
>
> With most web servers, you can create specific web server instances that
> listen to virtual network interfaces on the server (virtual IP addresses).
> For example, I can have multiple httpd instances, with httpd1 listening to
> 192.168.1.101 and httpd2 listening to 192.168.1.102 on a box where the
> physical IP address is 192.168.1.100.  This is configurable within the web
> server.
>
> I want to be able to have Zope listen to a specific network interface, i.e.
> - a virtual IP address that has been created on the server.  This will allow
> me to have multiple Zope sites running on the same machine.  How can this be
> accomplished?  Any/all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Use the source. :)

From z2.py:

  -a ipaddress
    The IP address to listen on.  If this is an empty string
    (e.g. -a ''), then all addresses on the machine are used. The
    default is %(IP_ADDRESS)s.

so in your start script, add: -a xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address you want to hook to.

Cheers

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.