[Zope] DTML Mistotals

Eric L. Walstad ewalstad@energywright.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:31:29 -0800

Thanks for the info on your PDF implementation.

Here's my situation:
I currently have a Java applet that collects data from my users.  The applet
runs some calculations and sends the results to me via email.  I copy &
paste the data into a Win32 VC++ app I wrote that converts the data into
"Forms Data Format" (FDF) using Adobe's SDK for generating FDF files.  I am
using Adobe's fdf DLL right now, but I'm excited about the idea of moving
this to Zope - No more Applet for my clients to download!!!

I have ZERO Python experience.

I use PDF / FDF because I am filling PDF files that are created by a
governmental agency; these are 'State Standard' forms, so I want to stick
with them instead of generating dynamic forms using Zope.

Question:  Are you using a Python code supplied by adobe for generating your
FDF file?  If so, I would be VERY interested in any Python code you'd be
willing to share that ties Zope to the Adobe code.

Thanks for your response.

PS, I'm replying to you and CC'ing zope@zope.org.  Is this an acceptable way
to keep the mailing list folks in the loop?
PSS, what's your name?

Eric.