[Zope] how-to/tutorial on dynamic content?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 18:38:08 -0700

John White wrote:

> I've walked through the beginning tutorials on managing zope.
>
> I was hoping there would be something similar to show a newbie
> such as myself how to use Zope's ODB to define some objects and
> create dynamic content pages based on them.

That depends on what you want the 'dynamic' content to be, and where you
want to get it from.

> The how-to list is a bit daunting; also I get the feeling that
> there's a level of jargon necessary just to figure out what
> documentation to read.  I don't have that, so I haven't found
> what I'm looking for.

Perhaps the webmaster at zope.org could add a how-to search interface to
the how-to listing page? You know, one that searches only how-tos (or
how-tos and tips). Sometimes using the current search box yields lots of
not-so-useful links. :(

Don't forget that you can click on the cplum headers on the How-TO index
page to sort by that header, and a second click will reverse sort.

For example, to sort by date, click "Date".

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.