[Zope] Should I go with Zope?

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:08:38 +1100

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> > Remember, there are really two major parts to ZOPE:  The object
> > database/renderer, and the ZServer.  It is possible to run ZOPE without the
> > ZServer, directly from Apache or similar, as a CGI program.
> >
> can we really run apache without running zserver?  i've been running apache as
> the frontend, and uses pcgi, but i still run zserver.  if what you say is true,
> then maybe i'm doing something wrong.
>
> how can i run apache without zserver?

I believe i mentioned that everything in my email was from my questionable
understanding of ZOPE.  However, since nobody else has said "erm.. no, that's
not correct" i'm led to believe my assumtptions were correct. (o8

Personally, I've only used ZOPE directly with ZServer, or via an Apache server
with proxying (i don't count my as yet abortive attemts with apache and fastCGI
:)

From a review of my original assumptions (and actually looking further) i may
have been totally incorrect, believing the Zope.cgi might be a program you
could simply drop into your CGI directory, and presto.

But from closer examination, and some testing, I don't belive this is true.

> tia -
> http://www.kedai.com.my/kk Am I Evil?

sorry if i got your hopes up.

--