[Zope] Oedipus 0.06 released

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:16:44 -0500 (EST)

I've made a new release of Oedipus, a Python package for presenting
data from the Open Directory Project.

http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/python/oedipus/

In v0.06, The improvements to the ODP code itself are pretty minor.
The major milestone is that, after some diligent sleuthing,
Jean-Claude Wippler tracked down an obscure bug in MetaKit that I was
tripping over.  A patch for MetaKit 2.0 is included in Oedipus 0.06,
so for the first time you can actually handle a complete ODP dump.
You'd better have 400Mb of disk space for the resulting data file,
though, plus 500Mb for the source XML files, plus 4-5 hours of
processing time (at least on a 550MHz Linux box).

The exported ZClass product still doesn't seem to work, though; if you
untar it in a new Zope installation, no Product is added when you
start up Zope.  Anyone else notice this problem?

What on earth is less likely than *two* committees to produce a seamless web
of anything but intrigue and deficit? Who said "three committees"?
    -- Stan Kelly-Bootle, _The Computer Contradictionary_