[Zope] banner ad system, was how much resource?

- bak@nstp.com.my
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:03:54 +0800

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:

> Methinks thou art confused, but only slightly.
me sorry, me look carefully next time.

> Understand completely.
>
> I literally just came back from the couch (no, not _that_ one!, my
> programming couch ;) where I was working on the next version .. so lets
> see what we already agree on :)
>
> > what phpads offers:(from the readme)
> >     Currently it can
> >     - manage multiple banners (any size) per client
>
> Yup. Main part here is just the dtml/html for it. Well, that and choice
> of storage.
> phpAds stores all in an SQL database, right?

yes, and are you going to use sql in the future?  or just stay with zodb?  i
would think going with sql is better in the sense that most of us have that 2G
fs limit, and putting data in sql would help separate data from zodb.

> >     - send statistics to clients via email
>
> On what kind of schedule? By request, or by cron-job type setup?
it's actually done by cron, and i would think you can do that easily.

> >     - show random, pre-defined or HTML/image banners
>
> Little more specific, if possible?
well, i guess you have it now, where you can weight the banner.

> So far, I believe the following are set for the next version (by
> mid-March if all goes well):
>
> o Click tracking
> o Stats (Views, Clicks, Click-through ratio, views/clicks left)
> o Keywords
> o Ways to avoid ZODB growth for each view/click.

i'll be waiting for this eagerly.  BTW, i'd be glad to help in any ways i can.
a little warning tho, i'm not an accomplished programmer, i wish i were, and
know only so much sql.  and i don't think i got good english!

thanks

http://www.kedai.com.my/kk
Am I Evil?