[Zope] Zope DHTML and XHTML : Moving things to the Client-side

Jerome ALET alet@unice.fr
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:01:25 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Sin Hang Kin wrote:
> There are some things which can be do better in the client side. For
> example, there were many dynamic folder tree writen in javascript which can
> be more responsible than the zope tree tag (which the change of the tree
> state require the help from server).

IMHO this would be a very bad idea, because not all browsers are able to
use javascript.

for example the tree tag works perfectly with lynx. This is really very
nice, because often we can't do many things with text only browsers, but
the tree tag is very powerful and lynx can use it: it's cool.

bye,
Jerome