[Zope] Oedipus 0.06 released

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:10:08 -0500 (EST)

Tres Seaver writes:
>"Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin@mems-exchange.org> wrote:
>> The exported ZClass product still doesn't seem to work, though; if you
>> untar it in a new Zope installation, no Product is added when you
>> start up Zope.  Anyone else notice this problem?

>Hmm. ZClass products aren't automagically imported; when exported, turn into
>zexp files, either on the client machine somewhere or in the server's
>$ZOPE_HOME/var directory.  To install them on another server, on

Sorry; I wrote sloppily and shouldn't have said "exported".  This is
the .tgz file produced when you make a distribution of a ZClass-based
product.  For that, you do need to restart Zope -- but the new Product
never shows up.  I haven't yet dug into Zope to see if this feature is
broken, or if something else is going on.

    "Doctor, are you a party to this militaristic nonsense?"
    "I'm not a party to any kind of nonsense, your Grace."
    -- The Duke of Forgill and the Doctor, in "Terror of the Zygons"