[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] Web page comparing Zope with Frontier

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:31:19 +0100

From: <jlim@natsoft.com.my>
> I am compiling statistics on the growth of Zope and Frontier on the
> internet. Visit this page to view the phenomenal growth of Zope:
>
> It grew threefold in January 2000 for example.
>
> http://webfeet.editthispage.com/frontier

Note that the servers listed as runinng Zope on Netcraft, are those that run
straight ZServer. Those sites that run Zope behind Apache, IIS, Zeus, or any
other webserver, will be listed under those webservers. So, a small
percentage of the number of Apache sites on the web, runs Zope.

From my personal expirience, I find that a lot more people run Zope behind
Apache, instead of pure ZServer. So, the number of Zope sites is a
significant factor higher than the 300 listed by Netcraft.

For an example, go to:

  http://www.netcraft.com/whats/?host=www.zope.org

You'll see that it is listed as running Apache (which it is).

Martijn Pieters