[Zope] Assorted Zope problems

Daryl Tester dt@picknowl.com.au
Sat, 04 Mar 2000 10:06:04 +1030

Ed Thomson wrote:

> 2. I couldn't get Apache with FastCGI and Zope working reliably.  On about
>    1% of requests, garbage would be returned, resulting in random broken
>    images or pages full of gibberish.  This is with the Oct 06 snapshot of
>    FastCGI, compiled into Apache-1.3.12.
>
> Anyone else seen anything like this?

"1%?  You were _lucky_!" (in my best Yorkshire accent).  I was getting
a much higher rate of errors (admittedly, I was only using the management
screen at the time as I was just starting out with Zope), but I ended up
switching to mod_pcgi2 to cure these problems.  The problem has been
mentioned before on the mailing list, but I'm not sure if a solution has
been found.

Platform is (for data point purposes): RedHat 6.1, Apache 1.3.9, Zope
2.1.4 and fastcgi Oct06 snapshot.

Regards,
  Daryl Tester