[Zope] Hooking into traversal

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 19:06:43 -0500 (EST)

I want to write an object that can be traversed by ZPublisher.  The
goal is so I can write URLs like thingyForwarder/45/display, to get an
object corresponding to thingy #45, and call its display() method.

What's the Zope Zen way of doing this?  Implement an __of__ method for
acquisition?  Implement a __bobo_traverse__ method?  Make
thingyForwarder a Folderish object and implement all the folder
methods?

"Wet", said he. Classics was his subject, and he sometimes affected a
classical simplicity in social conversation.
    -- Robertson Davies, _Tempest-Tost_