[Zope] FYI: large files & linux.

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@imeme.net
Sun, 05 Mar 2000 06:04:16 +0000

Ty Sarna wrote:

> Even simpler than buying new hardware, switch to a system like NetBSD or
> FreeBSD that has supported large files for years and years :-)

Ty, I considered this, and looked into Net/Free/OpenBSD, but I was under
the impression that using Zope on any of them was a bit 'o the pain in
the ass.  Plus, I couldn't find any info on other possible hardware
related issues, like using >32GB IDE drives, which even my BIOS refuses
to talk to.

(if someone could give me the slightest hint as to *why* things would
crap out at 4GB, I'd be greatful.)

--
ethan mindlace fremen - mindlace@imeme.net
good design is as close as I want to get to ideology.