[Zope] recommended db?

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Sun, 05 Mar 2000 19:15:49 -0800

I need record level locking in a database, and I need it quickly, without having
a huge learning curve or added cost of administration.  What do folks out there
recommend.  Does Postgres allow record level locking?  I am on a linux platform,
and refuse to use any MS products, so don't go there.  Additionally, I need to
be able to easily export database content as both SQL statements and in some
sort of delimited text file format.  I can do the latter with Zope, of course,
but it is fairly slow and expensive.  MySQL does all of that nicely, but doesn't
have record level locking.  Please respond to me as well as the list.

--sam

--
Sam Gendler
Chief Technology Officer - Impossible, Inc.