[Zope] Zope file upload problem

Alexander Limi limi@stud.ntnu.no
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:16:45 +0100 (MET)

Zopistas,

I have a small problem here regarding uploading of files. We're setting up
a site where people can upload their MP3 files. We've tested everything on
our site, and everything seemed to work fine - until people started
uploading with modems.

They get timeouts, server not found etc. after around 5 minutes of
uploading. First we thought that it might be because of our proxy setup
with apache or - less likely - the external python method that handles
the file, but when I dug out my old 14.4Kbps modem and tried uploading
a 4MB file directly into Zope at port 9090, I got the same errors.

Is there any kind of timeout settings in the ZServer I can tweak?
Or is there something else going on?

Please help! This is very frustrating, as 90% of our users are modem
users...

Thanks in advance,

Alexander Limi
http://mp3.no

For reference, our setup is as follows:

We run an apache server which forwards all requests to mp3.no:80 to
login.mp3.no:9090. In other words, we use apache as a proxy for the
ZServer. When we try to upload a file from our own computers (10Mbit
network connection), all is fine and dandy. But when modem users try, or
if we try with extraordinarily large files, we get the following error:

Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request POST
/artists/testartist/testtrack/add_mp3.
Reason: Error sending from remote server.
Apache/1.3.9 Server at mp3.no port 80