[Zope] POLL: Preferred browser?

Nils Jeppe nils@jeppe.de
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:33:21 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Curtis Maloney wrote:

> Until now, I've been using Netscape, whilst desperately searching for some
> replacement that didn't haemorhage memory.  I think I've even managed to narrow
> down which part of NS is losing the memory (it's the edit box, which is why it
> seems to happen quicker when working with ZOPE).

NS (4.72) goes up to I guess 40 MB or so in worst case here. Just restart
it every day and it should be fine. Also, RAM is cheap (ok not as cheap as
it used to be a year ago, but anyway), so make sure you have 128 MB of ram
or more in your machine.

> However, in my searches I've yet to find ANYTHING under Linux that comes close
> to the functionality of NS.

Mozilla is way cool, but it's still alpha so use at your own risk. I found
it is almost, but not quite, ready for real use.

--
 "Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
								-- Amy