[Zope] even more tree problems

Andy Heath a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 10:42:02 +0000

Thomas Weiner wrote:

> Andy Heath wrote:

Thomas - even more tree problems.  Sorry to mail
you direct but its urgent for me (I promised it
up by tonight).  Can you help.

The problem no is getting the URL's of objects inside
tree code - absolute preferred but relative would do
if it was all that would work.  Tried all the solutions
in the ObjectURLs howto but none of them work.  Any
attempt to generate an absolute url gets the local
name bit loses the path to the object.

Code below
----------
where it says
<A HREF="&dtml-URL1;/silly" TARGET="ltscmain">

I need to get a url for current object.
Logically, I need the equivalent of

"&dtml-url-<dtml-var id>>"

How can I do this?

Code (note, the soln you sent me for "rubbish" fits with this
but isn't shown here.
-------------------------------
<dtml-tree expr="lists" branches=objectValues sort=order>

        <dtml-if "meta_type=='Folder'">
            <dtml-var title_or_id>
        <dtml-elif "kind=='discussion'">
                    <A HREF="<dtml-var listURL>" TARGET="ltscmain">
                    <dtml-var title_or_id></A>
        <dtml-elif "kind=='content'">
                    <A HREF="&dtml-URL1;/silly" TARGET="ltscmain">
                    <dtml-var title_or_id></A>
        <dtml-else>
                    <A HREF="mailto:a.k.heath@open.ac.uk">
                    Site problem - please email details to
a.k.heath@open.ac.uk</A>
        </dtml-if>
        <dtml-if listinfo>
            (<dtml-var listinfo>)
        </dtml-if>

</dtml-tree>

Andy

Andy Heath                    a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
The Open University           +44 (0) 114 2885738