[Zope] Comparing "unsized objects" and strings

Christian Selig christian@newopenness.de
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 18:39:01 +0100

Hello all,

I have a little problem. I know where it is, but not how to solve it :-)

I have a DTML document:
---snip
<dtml-in "externalMeth(p)">
<dtml-var aid> <!-- aid comes from the result of the externalMeth -->
</dtml-in>
---snap

Okay, no problem so far. But when I want to compare the value to a
parameter I have given to the document via a <FORM>:

---snip
<dtml-in "externalMeth(p)">
<dtml-var aid> <!-- Okay, works fine of course -->
<dtml-if "aid == param">
Hi there!
</dtml-if>
---snap

The expression evaluates always to false. I have traced the problem back
with an external method ("<dtml-if "equals(aid, param)">"). When trying
the "len" function on both variables, "param" is not a problem (it's a
string from the the <FORM>), but "aid" complains that it was an "unsized
object".

How do I compare them?

Thanks in advance
  Christian