[Zope] Cache settings?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 21:52:34 +0200

John Goerzen wrote:

> In the Control Panel, Database, Cache area, what does Target Size
> refer to?  Number of pages?  Kilobytes?  What does it mean by
> "target"?  What exactly is being cached?

The Zope objects that are stored in the ZODB, not their contents.

> What is the difference between this and ZCache?

ZCache caches method results.  It's kinda broken and not very extendible.
I'm writing GenericCache as a replacement, but it'll only be finished when I
have enough time.

--
                -=  This is NOT a pyramid scheme  =-
The SNAFU Principle: True communication is possible only between equals

                      Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net