[Zope] Newbie Question regarding MYSQL and Zope

Eric L. Walstad ewalstad@energywright.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:19:58 -0800

I am also trying to get MySQL running with Zope 2.1.4.  I'm trying to follow
the HOWTO by "alanpog."
I got to the part about Expand and Install MySQLDB but I am stuck.  In the
installation README, it says to read Setup.in to verify the paths.  I have
no idea what those paths or for and I don't have them on my Linux system.

Does anyone know what these paths are for and how I can determine what I
should set them to?

I have MySQL 3.22.32, I'm trying to install MySQLdb 0.1.2 and ZMySQLDA 1.1.3
per the alanpog HOWTO

Curtis, what is the really good HOWTO you mentioned?  The one I found is
very brief and isn't helping me much.  Also, where did you get MySQLdb
version 0.2.3?  The latest I saw was 0.1.2.

David, did you manage to get past the Install MySQLdb step?

Thanks,

Eric.