[Zope] Security/AUTHENTICATED_USER/GUF???

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:36:31 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, JB wrote:

>   /Public
>   /Members
>
> I've set up authentication to happen in /Members via GUF. When I go back
> to /Home, AUTHENTICATED_USER loses my authentication but when I go back
> to /Members I gain it back. Any ideas why this may be happening??

an acl_users folder only authenticates the sub-tree it is defined in.
If you want AUTHENTICATED_USER available in /home, then move your
acl_users folder into that folder. Your users will not be required
to login if they access stuff that is available to the Anonymous role,
but if they have logged in, AUTHENTICATED_USER will be set.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au