[Zope] POLL: Preferred browser?

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:59:32 +1100

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:
> Curtis Maloney wrote:
>

> > > "What version are you running?" he asked out of curiosity.
> > >

> > "4.7.", he replied, after checking the About page.
> >
> > As I mentioned in my first post (it seems so long ago! :), it's
> > moslty caused by editing data in a textbox input.
>
> That is truly odd. I run 4.7 myself, and do all of my Zope editing in
> it.
> I can think of a couple suggestions, one I am not exactly fond of
> saying.

I've just been testing, to see when the most leaking occurrs.  It's definately
whenever I type in the edit box.  At one point I hit enter, and it grew by over
300K.  As I type, I can watch the size grow.  It's really that fast.

> If all this fails, have you tried <shudder> reinstalling NS?

As I type, I am downloading the NS RPMs from RH6.2, which seems to be a few
steps ahead of the 6.1 updated i have (From 4.7-1.1 to 4.7-4 .. doesn't look
like 4.72 to me, tho ):

> No advocacy, just trying to help out a fellow Zopester. :)

Much appreciate the effort.

Someone even suggested it might be my Motif lib.  KDE, afaik, catches all the
Motif calls and replaces them with its own widgets.  A workmate running Gnome
checked the same situation, and the memory leaks in just the same way.

scratch another theory.

--
Have a better one,
	Curtis.