[Zope] Syntax for getting property sheet

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:56:23 -0800

There is no standard rythem for manipulating the class without an
instance.  At least not that I know of.  It can be done, however,
because it can be done from the managment interface.  Anything that you
can do with clicks in a browser you can do with DTML, it's just in this
case your problem is necessarily complex because we never, ever,
considered your use case when we engineered ZClasses.  This is one of
the reasons why software can be dificult to use, because the engineers
did not KNOW in advance how you wanted to use it.

But you want to do this so I suggest you look at how the managment
interface traverses through the Control Panel and Products to manipulate
ZClasses. Using URL introspection, you should be able to deduce how to
do this.  I would help you but I honestly don't know how it would be
done myself.

-Michel