[Zope] can I eliminate the data.fs file in favor of an relational database?

Ron_Dagostino@SSGA.COM Ron_Dagostino@SSGA.COM
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 12:59:44 -0500

I just installed Zope (on NT) and would like to have reasonable
backup/recovery options.  One way to do this is to just make a copy of the
data.fs file in the var directory, but I'm concerned that this file may not
be in a consistent state when it gets copied somewhere.  Should I worry
about this?

I'm thinking it would be better to eliminate this file in favor of an
Oracle or Sybase database (I have access to both).  Can I do this?  If it
is possible, would I want to do it?  If I should want to do it, how do I do
it?  I've spent a few hours searching the documentation, but this has only
convinced me that it may be possible -- I've been unable to find a
definitive answer.

Ron_Dagostino@SSGA.Com