[Zope] RE: [newbie] MySQLDA Installation error at MySQLdb bui ld.

Eric L. Walstad ewalstad@energywright.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:49:15 -0800

Hi Chris (Carlson),
Thanks for the reply!

1.  I added the following line to my /etc/ld.so.conf file:
    /usr/local/lib/mysql
2.  I ran 'ldconfig'
3.  I re-ran build.py.  Here is the new error message. (notice that the last
line changed from before):
Traceback (innermost last):
   File "build.py", line 14, in ?
     import MySQLdb
   File "MySQLdb.py", line 19, in ?
     from _mysql inport *
 ImportError: ./_mysqlmodule.so: undefined symbol: Py_InitModule3

Note that the file '_mysqlmodule.so' is in the
'/usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products/MySQLdb-0.1.2' directory

4.  I tried adding '/usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products/MySQLdb-0.1.2' to my
/etc/ld.so.conf file, re-running ldconfig, then re-running build.py, but I
got the same error.

It seems like we are getting a little closer!  Any more guidance would sure
be appreciated!

Thanks again,

Eric.