[Zope] Zope Member Login

Shaw, Mark Mark.Shaw@osip.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:06:46 -0500

Hello,

I've been trying to decipher the Zope member log in screens.  It appears
pretty straight forward.  There is the login.html screen which is basically
just a form for entering Name and Password and then passing this information
to logged_in.html.  I'll ignore the cookie for now.

logged_in.html then checks <!--#if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName() !=
'Anonymous User'"--> and reports success or failure.

However, as usual, there's got to be something I'm missing.  If I simply
build those two pages, the AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()  check on the
logged_in.html page always return 'Anonymous User'.

When and how do I get the form to actually 'chat' with Zope and make me a
valid authenticated user?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

	-mark

PS.

For those who are still having a problem with DCOracle and Oracle8i, that's
working great for me now.  If I can help, feel free to send me email.  I'm
running all this on RH Linux 6.1